Unread 10-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
Larrow
ERROR: .FLA 'Unexpected file format'

Hi, Hope someone can help me.

I have CS4 professional that i have been using mainly for web design via Dreamweaver. I have never really used flash except for going through a few tutorials a while back (definately never used actionscript) and was looking forward to doing some GUI design for TSW. I Have experience of c# c++ lua xml and have made several UI's for other games.

When i first installed TSW i opened up a few of the .FLA's to have a look around, didnt have any problems.
I had a good read around some of the info on this forum and decided to install Flashdeveloper as intellisence sounded like a good idea, UDK for the CLIK library and also followed the post to set up both flashdeveloper and flash for the UDK CLIK and TSW source files . Any way since this i have not been able to open up any of the TSW .FLA files without getting the error 'Unexpected file format' and flash closing down.

I have:-
  1. Uninstalled Flashdeveloper
  2. Redownloaded TSW source files (by removing them and doing a file check from the patcher)
  3. Uninstalled the whole of CS4 and cleaned out any remaining files
  4. reinstalled CS4

I am still unable to open up any of the TSW source files (except for one 'AbilityList.Fla' wierd :/ ).

I have even tried the fixes from many internet sources of changing .FLA to zip and repairing the archive to no avail.

Anyone got any other ideas?
Larrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackSecretUI » Developer Discussions » Flash Help » ERROR: .FLA 'Unexpected file format'